Retirement Log 07/23/2020
Now that I’m a retired teacher, I’m wondering what to do with my time. I pictured myself going to movies in theaters, out to lunch once a week, and spend time in and possibly volunteer at the local library of my new hometown. We all know in the times of COVID, especially in my area of the US, most things are closed down or really not safe for someone in a couple of high risk categories. I thought I’d periodically track how I spend my time so I’ll have ideas or something to look back upon. (I’ll try for good formatting, but that might take some editing on the computer as I’m now on the phone.)
- Slept until 10!!
- Enjoyed the morning matcha.
- Tad and I went for a morning drive to discover another part of our new town. Of course our dog, Max, went with us.
- Had leftover lunch from the local German restaurant of lentil stew.
- Organized our mess of OTC meds and toiletries that just got thrown anywhere when we unpacked a few weeks ago.
- There was a huge rainstorm after lunch so we turned off all the lights and watched CandyMan (1992) on Netflix.
- Sat on my Mom’s rocking chair on the front porch and talked about how it was 72F and I was cold and we compared it to 99F back in our hometown.
- I checked out a new recipe and did some prep work for dinner. We plan to grill some salmon but the rain has come again so it looks like I should make plans to bake it.
It’s not even 6 PM and it seems that I’ve had both a full and lovely day.